Sunday, July 12, 2015

My Faithful Father

At my age, I really should know better than to fall into the sin of worry. Each time I worry, I forget God's sovereignty and consequently malign His character. Looking at it from that perspective plunges me into an attitude of confession and repentance for dishonoring my Heavenly Father.

Because God brought me to new birth when His Spirit gave me faith in Jesus as my Savior, He blesses me with the privilege of calling Him "Father." As my Father, He assumes full responsibility for my care and well-being. Therefore, He constantly demonstrates His faithfulness, thereby revealing the absurdity of  my tendency to worry.

Each morning, I begin my time alone with God adoring Him for being my faithful Father. Slowly, He really is giving me victory over the sin of worry as I remember the beloved hymn that I've chosen to feature today. This hymn sets my mind on His faithfulness as the Father Who chose to make me His daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...