Saturday, July 4, 2015

Joy. Mourning. Joy!

This year, as Christians reel from the impending consequences of Obergefell v. Hodges, many of us find it difficult to celebrate America's birthday. The almost certain denial of First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and religion herald our country's death, causing mourning rather than rejoicing. Although I dressed in red, white and blue today, I feel like wearing black.

Yet the Lord would have Christians rejoice, even now, in the freedom that  no court or government can take away. J.D. Hall, of Pulpit & Pen, published a marvelous blog post today that reminded me of Who ultimately gives us freedom. Please take time to read Should We Celebrate Independence Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...