Sunday, June 21, 2015

Where My Faith Rests

Usually, updated lyrics in hymns make me just a bit nervous. I fear they might water down a hymn's doctrinal content, thus defeating the very purpose of hymns. But as I watched several YouTube videos of the hymn I'd decided to feature today, surprisingly the one that modernized the lyrics also gave the strongest presentation of the Gospel.

I suppose I could elaborate on this hymn by talking about the sufficiency of Christ's death and resurrection. But anyone familiar with this blog knows that I look no  further than the Bible's account of His atoning sacrifice to fuel my faith. So let this hymn, with its clear affirmation of what Jesus has done for those who believe in Him encourage you to rest in His provision.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...