Sunday, June 7, 2015

Let Me Side With Jesus

Last week drove home the reality that Western culture no longer even pretends to accept Christian values. This sad fact shouldn't surprise us. Jesus told us, in no uncertain terms, to expect animosity when we align ourselves with Him because the world stands in opposition to Him.
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. ~~John 15:18-19 (ESV)
These days, it takes fortitude to resist societal pressure in favor of holding fast to the commands and teaching of God's Word. Sadly (though understandably, I must admit), many evangelicals  now capitulate to such worldly ideas as pragmatism, mysticism, the ordination of women and the normalization of homosexuality (just to name a few). As I watch the world's values infiltrate the visible church, I echo the question that today's hymn poses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...