Monday, June 8, 2015

Approaching Femininity

For the past few days, prompted both by Bruce/Caitlin Jenner's "coming out party" as well as by concerns (that are better left unspoken) about a personal friend of mine, I've been thinking a lot about gender roles lately. Therefore, I found it interesting that our pastor preached on roles within marriage, having Colossians 3:18-19 as his text.
18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. (ESV)
And yes, the points directed to wives convicted me of how often I still struggle to submit to John.

During this time of sorting through my still formulating thoughts on my femininity, I want to spend some time  writing about why I so enjoy being a woman. Regretfully, I frittered away so much time playing with Paintshop Pro and Facebook today that I left myself almost no time for blogging, but at least now I can set a direction for my next few posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...