Sunday, June 14, 2015

All I Offer--Nothing

When a person comes to Christ, of course changes happen. The Holy Spirit uses Scripture to progressively transform wretched sinners into saints that reflect our Heavenly Father as He gives us His values and His priorities. He bestows His grace so that we might live in His holiness.

Yet we can only come to Him when we recognize how totally incapable we are of offering Him anything. The Lord calls us to set aside all self-righteousness so that we trust exclusively in the shed blood of Jesus. This weeks hymn reminds me to offer my nothingness to the God Who gives me His fullness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...