Sunday, May 10, 2015

What Joel Osteen Should Know

Jesus promised a life of struggle and death to self (possibly even physical death) to those who follow Him. According to John 15:8, the world will hate Christians precisely because it hates the Lord that we represent. Far from offering Your Best Life Now as Joel Osteen brazenly does,  Jesus maintains that our present suffering for Him only enriches our joy in eternity.

Enfield has a beautiful hymn of commitment to the Lord. This hymn reminds me of the high cost of following Him. But it also reminds me that He, as the greatest treasure I could ever hope to possess, is more than worthy any cost I might pay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...