Monday, May 18, 2015

Two Tiny Degrees

Our living room thermometer reads a comfortable 76 F. A few moments ago, I went into our bedroom, and noticed that it felt hot. Well, yes, I guess I did flirt a little with John, but that's not the kind of "hot" I mean. Before I returned to the living room, I glanced at the bedroom thermometer and saw that it registered 78. Once I came back to my living room desk, the temperature, though just two degrees cooler, provided  much appreciated relief.

Amazed by the noticeable difference that two little degrees make, I thought of how the tiniest deviation from Scripture can lead to soul-damning heresy. Not that anyone understands every single point in the Bible, but we should know the basics well enough to sweat a little under the heat of error.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...