Saturday, May 9, 2015

Lacking Sophistication

Abstract art generally annoys me. If that makes me anti-intellectual, then I suppose you can relegate me to the ranks of Philistines. But I choose not to hypocritically put on airs of appreciating paintings and sculptures that are nothing more than random lines, shapes and colors. I may, in my honesty, sacrifice a perception of sophistication. Oh well!

Yet I can't help liking Janet Echelman's "aerial sculpture" currently suspended over Boston's Rose Kennedy Greenway until October. One local morning news show offered an explanation of what the artist wanted to "say" through the piece, but I can't remember the "message." It's pretty. It's fun. Those two points, while very clearly exposing  my lack of urbanity,  satisfy me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...