Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Spearhead Of Same-Sex Marriage

Please don't misunderstand me as condoning same-sex  marriage. Scripture teaches that marriage reflects the relationship between Christ and His Church (Ephesians 5:25-33), which necessitates a male-female union. Quite obviously, same-sex marriages cannot have the complementary roles of husband and wife. As a result, they lack the ability to model Christ and His Church. For that reason, as well as others, I cannot support any marriage that deviates from the covenant between one man and one woman.

That said, I fully expect the Supreme Court to once again increase ungodliness in America by ruling that the Constitution guarantees the right of homosexual and lesbian couples to redefine marriage. And why would a nation that openly rejects Biblical Christianity do any different? After all, heterosexual  couples also find plenty of ways to pervert the Biblical standard for marriage, especially as wives refuse to submit to their husbands. We can't expect non-Christians to embrace Christian values.

Sadly, more and more people who call themselves Bible-believing Christians see no reason to oppose same-sex marriage. Gay activists, however, aren't satisfied. They already pressure Christian businesses to cater same-sex weddings by bringing ruinous lawsuits. I've reason to believe pastors who refuse to officiate such weddings can expect serious persecution as well. And will bloggers pay for daring to voice objections? Let's just say that I won't be surprised if this blog suddenly disappears.

Persecution won't be pleasant, but it will separate true Christians from false converts. Same-sex marriage, of course, won't be the only litmus test; many false converts base their "Christianity" on moral values and conservative politics. But the battle for gay rights, I believe, will spearhead persecution against those who choose worldly values over Christ and His Word.

The world's antagonism toward those who stand on the authority of Scripture doesn't surprise me. Jesus said the world would not tolerate His people.
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. ~~John 15:18-19 (ESV)
Same-sex marriage begins a process that I believe will purify Christ's Church. Days are coming when people will find it dangerous to follow the Bible's teaching--when a refusal to compromise God's Word will have severe consequences. As much as I dread the personal suffering those days will bring, however, I look forward to a clearer delineation between true Christians and mere professors. I long to see Christ's Bride purified for Him.

4 comments:

  1. You speak my thoughts on this better than I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DebbieLynne, I am not fully expecting the Supreme Court to vote for legitimizing same-sex marriage. I am praying the God gives them wisdom, gives the lawyers defending traditional marriage wisdom in their defense of moral boundaries, States rights, the initiatives of the people that have defined marriage as between one man and one woman, etc. Our nation is at a tipping point. Australia has even called for a week long fasting and prayer for the United States (I think it's this week). Other nations do not want the U.S. to fail, to lose its Constitution, to become meaningless amoral irrelevance. GOD can turn our nation around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth is, Debbie, the delineation has LONG been there, has always been there. But the line has been muddied by those trying to change Christianity into what it is not (see http://www.livingwaters.com/audio/way-of-the-master/true-and-false-conversion). And we have all played into it, in one form or another, these lies that have muddied the line, made unclear who is who. You, for instance, use the Term "Gay" instead of "Sodomite", a Biblical term along with "Homosexual". Yet I too have found too many don't understand the reference, so I use "sexual deviate" to define what the Bible calls homosexual or Sodomite sinners. But there are women who do what is not fitting with other women, so "sexual deviate" fits both.
    So, what's my point?
    I agree with you the lines are being cleared up for the world, but for the Believer the line is clear, and always has been. Those who Love Jesus do so unreservedly. And we can hear The Witness when we meet the Brethren. And when we do not have that Witness then we know that we do not know them; It's as simple as that.
    Psalms 62:8 (World English Bible)
    Trust in him at all times, you people. Pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us. Selah.
    I pray we have a change of heart in the Supreme Court Justices, or at least that they leave this up top the States to decide by mandating all federal court decisions on this matter unConstitutional. But I do know God's Will shall be done, come what may.
    To Yah be the Glory, and to His Son Y'Shua, Jesus, Praise and Honor FOREVER. Amen.

    Bless God in all ways,

    Patrick Burwell, OnlyJesusSaves.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to add that although I understand there is a difference between "true Christians and mere professors" (wheat and similar in appearance only tares) I keep needing the reminder of this (my husband helps by reminding me) and you are right, persecution makes the distinction much clearer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...