Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Who Needs Forbidden Fruit At A Banquet?

Clearly, my next four days promise to revolve around the Shepherds' Conference. Yes, I understand that, as a woman, I lack the Biblical  qualifications to be a pastor, and that the conference exists for the purpose of equipping men for church leadership. Still, God's Word makes provision for women to learn Biblical truths.
11 Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve; 14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. ~~1 Timothy 2:11-14 (ESV)
Notice that it says, "Let a woman learn..." I may not hold a position of authority over men, but the  Lord graciously allows me unrestricted access to His Word. Like Eve coveted the one tree God told her not to eat from, I could  covet the one area of ministry that the Lord withholds from women.


Unlike Eve, I choose to rejoice in all  that the Lord makes available to me. He is not a sexist miser seeking to repress women, but rather a generous Father Who blesses His daughters abundantly. So I will thank Him for allowing me to learn from His Word, and to watch this conference. I will look, not on the one thing He withholds in His wisdom, but on the many blessings He lavishes on me. And I will enjoy this conference!

4 comments:

  1. In everything, give thanks.....and rejoice!!! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading "The Feminist Mistake," by Mary Kassian, which you might like. She discusses the feminist movement's effects not only on secular society but the church as well. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN!!! This past Sunday as I preached about Timothy having to face false doctrine in 1st Tim 1:3; how the men were praying and arguing in 1st Tim. 2:8; How the some young girls turned to follow Satan 1st Tim. 5:14-15 and how Timothy had to deal with false teachers and false teaching 1st. 4 and 2nd Tim. 3. How was Timothy going to accomplish this awesome task? Well Paul said by reminding himself of the faith that was in his grandmother and mother 2nd Tim. 1:5 who had taught him the scriptures 2nd Tim. 3:14-15. SO YES!!! LET THE WOMEN LEARN AND LET THEM TEACH THEIR SONS; SO THAT THEIR SONS CAN BECOME MEN WHO CAN STAND THE TIDE OF THE EVIL ONE!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is also a huge difference between young silly women (like Beth Moore as a for instance) and mature women of faith like Paul's saintly grandmother....and Priscilla ( of Priscilla and Aquilla)...but I still don't support the notion of women as pastors over a church. I could be wrong, but I think women are more susceptible to the wiles of the devil than men are...although of course we can also find plenty of examples of weak spirited.and not led by the Lord men...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...