Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Voices Responding

The crowd  cheered as they lined the path with palm branches. "Hosanna!" they cried, "Blessed is He Who comes in the Name of the Lord!"

Only a few days later, the Man they had heralded as their long-awaited Messiah stood silently before them as a pathetic figure. He'd been savagely beaten and whipped by the Jewish Counsel, and by Roman soldiers, and wore a  crown of thorns that dug mercilessly into His brow. When Pilate asked what should be done with their King, the very voices that had cried in joy, "Hosanna in the highest!" called angrily for His crucifixion.

Before I judge that crowd in First Century Jerusalem, I must own that I easily mock Jesus when I rebel against His Holy Spirit. Yet His precious blood atones even for that cruelty, drawing me to repentance. As He died on that cross, He ransomed even me. And so, I shout in celebration, "Hosanna! Blessed is He Who comes in the Name of the Lord!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...