Thursday, March 5, 2015

Serious Prayer Of An Unserious Artist

Has it really been over two (and maybe over three) years since I've drawn a portrait? To my shame, yes. Lately, however, I've been asking the Lord to help me get more serious about my artwork. This past Friday, therefore, I found a photo that my friend Robin emailed me I-don't-know-how-many years ago and committed myself to draw it.
By Monday, I'd drawn her skin and eye-whites.
In the last three days (between sessions of the Shepherds' Conference, of course), I've given her eyelashes and eye-color.
So, I've made good progress already. I hope to keep up my momentum so that I won't get bored with this project. At the same time, I'll do some "quickie" drawings to illustrate blog posts and to give myself mental breaks. All in all, I praise the Lord for renewing my interest in digital art. He does answer prayer!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...