Saturday, March 7, 2015

He Takes My Breath Away

While my thoughts about the Shepherds'  Conference settle, and I attempt to catch up on the blogs I normally read (but have neglected this week), I keep returning to the astonishing truth that the Scripture comes from the very breath of God! I've known this fact for 44 years, of course, yet the conference made me grasp it as I never have  before.

The Greek word pneuma can be translated as either "spirit" or "'breath." Although the Holy Spirit is a Person, as eternal as the Father and the Son, He emanates from the Father as if He is His very Breath. Hold that image in mind as you again read 2 Timothy 3:16-17:
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)
The thought of God breathing out His Spirit to  give us Scripture heightens my awareness of its value. So often, my familiarity with the Bible can dull me to the wonder that God, the majestic Creator and Ruler of heaven and earth, personally gave His Word to the prophets and apostles so that they could pass it to us!

This week I open my Bible software program a little more reverently and a little more excitedly because I recognize the treasure that displays itself on my computer screen. God's breath warms me through those ancient words, directing me as I walk with Him. I couldn't be more amazed!

1 comment:

  1. Usually when my husband and I go anywhere my husband drives....however tonight I drove to our favorite restaurant. As I was driving along thinking about a conversation with an atheist I suddenly out of seemingly nowhere announced " Jesus is a sure foundation!" My husband looked up at me half dazed and somewhat startled and said "what?"
    "Jesus is a sure foundation" I repeated.
    I then explained where my thoughts were prior to that exclamation, and that a fool says in his heart "there is no God" because if you start any idea from that premise, that faulty and shifting foundation, it will eventually collapse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...