Friday, March 6, 2015

Flawless!

Merciful heavens!--the Shepherds' Conference has given me so many ideas for blog posts! Of course, my poor little brain doesn't quite know where to start, so I'll likely re-watch some sessions in the coming weeks. Thankfully, several sessions have already been posted on YouTube (The Shepherds' Conference 2015). People will undoubtedly add more as time progresses.

This year, the conference addresses the inerrancy of the Bible. Naturally, non-Christians pretty much uniformly deny inerrancy (if, that is, they give any attention to Scripture in the first place), and we should expect them to deny it. Sadly, many professing Christians also deny it.

Such people don't always realize they deny that Scripture has no errors. They may confess inerrancy with their lips, and yet demonstrate that they doubt its sufficiency. Think about it: how could an inerrant Bible, as the very Word of God, possibly be insufficient? Yet, as I've said so many times before, when we attempt to supplement God's Word with pragmatism, mysticism or human wisdom, we imply that the Bible lacks something necessary to our well-being.

I can't accept such a suggestion. If any of the Bible is God's Word, than it can't have error or lack.
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. ~~2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV)
I hang my hat on the Bible's sufficiency and inerrancy, trusting the Holy Spirit to use it to show me everything I need to know as His adopted child.  I praise Him for using this year's conference to strengthen my awareness of His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...