Friday, January 23, 2015

I Don't Feel Like Blogging Today

Do you mind if I skip blogging today? Probably not. And I won't flatter myself into thinking that missing a day here and there makes an earth-shattering difference to any of my readers.

It does, however, make a difference to me in that the Lord very often uses my blog to train my thoughts on Him...even when I don't specifically write about Him. If I spend a post recounting a Boston Adventure or showing you my latest art project, I still sense an awareness that I represent Christ. As a result, I understand that my tone and content may not contradict the Bible's teaching. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, my blogging needs to remain consistent with His values.

Such consistency comes easily if I limit my blog posts to times of inspiration. But consider this analogy: When John and I first met, we only spoke two or three times a week, so we could camouflage our faults and present our best qualities to each other. But once we started spending more time in each other's company, the reality of who each of us was surfaced.

If I blog daily, even on days like today when I'd really rather not, I get an opportunity to peel back my "good Christian lady" facade. Although I feel uninspired and a little grumpy, I accept the challenge to write something that (hopefully) honors Jesus. You may detect my struggles with boredom this past week, but I hope you'll also notice my desire to exalt and praise the Lord regardless of my emotional condition.
23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. ~~Colossians 3:23-24 (ESV)
You know, I trust, that the principle I've set forth here applies to much more than simply blogging. It extends to every area of my life. Christians represent the Lord all the time, regardless of our feelings and dispositions. And yet, when we remember His goodness to us, we count it a privilege to give our lives completely to Him.

1 comment:

  1. The difference between those who are saved and those who are not is not measured by our abilities and our works, it is measured by our honesty in the presence of God. Mormons can put on a facade of goodness that is superficial. Is God convinced? My "goodness" might pale when compared with a "good Mormon", but my relationship with the Truth is deeper, and that is only because of God's grace, who enables me to see the ugly truth about myself, and know that He loves and forgives me as I seek His love and forgiveness in my life, and that is not given because I worked for it by my seeking, but because of His promise to honor that promise to us. God is incredibly good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...