Sunday, December 7, 2014

Song Of Wonder

Some Christmas carols, especially if we bother to sing beyond the first verses, offer such rich doctrine about the Person and work of Christ. The richer the theological content, the more they draw me into worship.

Accordingly, this version of We Three Kings fills me with adoration because it both proclaims Christ's deity and looks forward to His death, burial and resurrection. Additionally, the worship that these foreign kings gave to the Child remind me that Christ opened God's kingdom to both Jews and  Gentiles. Ponder this cherished hymn. I promise that, if the Holy Spirit lives in you, the lyrics will fill you with wonder and praise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...