Friday, November 21, 2014

I Don't Believe My Own Lie Today

"Okay, Deb," I tell myself firmly,  "you've got to write something." My readership has diminished, so I can't afford to slack off, even though I really don't feel like blogging today.

This time, I won't tell myself the lie that I want more readers so Christ can receive glory. Often, the desire to proclaim Him honestly does motivate me, and I don't care about numbers in my Stats. At those times, I type eagerly, excited by Him and desirous to declare His excellencies. I pray for more readers, but only so that His Spirit can minister truth and draw people to Him.

Today, my motives lack such purity. There!--I admitted my egocentric attitude. And my acknowledgement makes me cringe with shame. I know, all too well, how passionately God detests human self-centeredness. I've written two blog posts about it just this past week, so He holds me accountable to align my attitude with my words. Hypocrisy, to put it bluntly, repulses Him.
 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. ~~Matthew 7:1-5  (ESV)
I plead guilty, rejoicing in the Holy Spirit's faithfulness to confront my sin of hypocrisy and pride. How wonderful of Him to strip my heart naked, that I might all the more depend on His grace and praise Jesus for shedding His blood on my behalf!

1 comment:

  1. Hi DebbieLynne I was thinking about that very passage last night, going over and over it, thinking about the log/tree trunk distorting my ability to see ANYTHING clearly. Incredible that you bring up that fact today. Interesting how the Holy Spirit is ministering to us, applying His healing salve to our impaired vision. Blessings and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...