Monday, September 8, 2014

Reflecting On A Novel

Emily Of New Moon by Lucy Maud Montgomery tells the  story of  an orphaned girl forced to live with her two maiden aunts. Emily has a passion for writing. To her, it's as essential as breathing. I  believe my mom gave me this book, when I first developed an interest in writing, hoping I would cultivate a similar attitude toward writing.

As I reread the book this summer, I felt saddened that writing, though enjoyable, has always been a pursuit I could take or leave. I appreciate having the ability, certainly, and accept that I can best serve the Lord through crafting words into sentences and paragraphs. But I just don't share Emily's intrinsic need to write. And my lack of fire somehow makes me feel ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...