Sunday, September 14, 2014

Precious Moments Of Spiritual Sanity

In my saner moments, I realize that I contributed nothing to my salvation. Oh, I used to love telling people how "I" accepted Jesus, completely ignoring passages like Ephesians 2:1-10 (that passage teaches that I was dead in my sins until the Lord gave me faith to receive His saving grace). But in my precious moments of spiritual sanity, the Lord allows me to understand that I owe my salvation completely to Him. Therefore, I scratch my head in bewilderment, baffled but deeply grateful that He chose to save me.

The hymn writer Isaac Watts, back in 1707, wrote about the awe (hence his word, "aweful") he felt at being invited into the Lord's house. Listen to his lyrics of gratitude, and let them draw you into a saner moment of worship.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...