Thursday, August 21, 2014

Examining Rick Warren

The video  on the LCD screen took my enthusiasm for Rick Warren's 40 Days of Purpose campaign and tossed it out the window. I could very easily see his unapologetic distortion of Scripture. Years earlier, I had mishandled Scripture in similar ways, and my past sin of doing so (or more accurately, my repentance from such dishonesty) gave me a sensitivity to the practice. That Sunday morning marked the beginning of my distrust for Rick Warren's teaching.

That memory rushed back to me today--nine years later--as I read Brian Johnson's article, An Examination of Rick Warren's Teaching on "Exponential Growth." Johnson spotted the same distortions that made me squirm. Please make time to read Johnson's article. I pray it will help you understand why I hold such deep concerns about Rick Warren and the Church Growth Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...