Sunday, August 3, 2014

Because He Died For Me

So often, we get distracted from the basic Gospel message. We forget, ignore or deny the depth of our sin nature and our consequent inability to make ourselves acceptable to a holy and righteous God. In turn, we can struggle to appreciate the Lord's atoning sacrifice that, though we hate to admit it, gives us our only basis for salvation.

This beautiful hymn, which I heard for the first time last Sunday, reminds  me of how much Jesus has done to secure my standing before the Father.  I worship Him, rejoicing in His overwhelming generosity to pay for my sin, and on top of that to give me His righteousness. May the words of this simple hymn also inspire you to worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...