Sunday, August 24, 2014

An Imperfect, Joyous Wife

August 24, 2002
My sister took that picture twelve years ago today, not long after a pastor friend of John's pronounced us Man and Wife.

Wife. At age 48, after decades of wrestling with the Lord and falsely believing He wanted me to remain single and miserable, I became John's wife. I took his last  name, moved 3000 miles from my family and  friends, and adapted my life to his. I struggled with submission, saw more sin in my life than I expected to see, and slowly let go of my past  to join his present. Yet over the years of being a terribly imperfect wife to an almost perfect man, I've grown in my gratitude that the  Lord has blessed me with the joy of being John's Wife.
August 24, 2014

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...