Sunday, July 6, 2014

Better Than Mere Idols

What do you cherish? I mean, deep down...where nobody sees? When the mask comes off, and you face  naked truth, what really drives your life? Sex? Popularity? Money? Accomplishment?

Sometimes, worldly desires and goals displace the Lord's rightful place in my affections, and He needs to call me back to Himself. In truth, unless I keep my eyes steadfastly fixed on Him, I look to mere idols that will ultimately leave me disappointed. Ah, but when He gives me the grace to treasure Him, I realize along with the 8th Century Irish hymn writer that Jesus is the only Vision worth seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...