Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Just A Brief Thought

My  doctor recently removed a suspicious mole from my neck. Thankfully, it was benign. But suppose it had been malignant. And suppose further that I hadn't mentioned it to her because, for whatever reason, I thought it was "no big deal?"  Clearly, ignoring such a mole would have given cancer free reign to my body, and eventually I would have died a very nasty death.

Suppose my seemingly insignificant mole represents sin; an obvious analogy, perhaps, but one we really should revisit. Sin usually seems as if it's "no big deal," but Scripture says it always grows like a  cancer until it causes the death of separation from God. So be obedient to rid yourself of any sin the moment you see it.

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder! I'll not look at moles without thinking about sin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...