Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This Yankee Wants To Do More Than Doodle

Last week I bought CorelDRAW X6 The Official Guide hoping it would contain some tutorials. Folks, I'm far from being disappointed! The opening tutorial took more than an hour, and it's the first of eight tutorials in Chapter One!
Courtesy of Amazon.com

Do I need to say that working through this book competes with blogging time? Which, in some respects, is fine. I look forward to learning the program and drawing more pictures to illustrate greeting cards and blog posts, so I very much want to spend serious time studying this book and working through its tutorials. In so doing, however, I also desire to maintain this blog, believing the Lord uses it for....

For what?

I hope for His glory. I hope through the words I type, He strengthens Christians, inspiring then to both study Scripture and to apply it in their daily lives. I hope that typing out my ruminations on His Word will fix my mind increasingly on Him so that I have no time for temptation, and no interest in worldly pursuits.

I also hope non-Christians will encounter the Gospel as they read my various posts. I hope the Holy Spirit will show them how utterly helpless they are to atone for their sin, which will necessarily condemn them to hell. And, as they accept that utter helplessness, I hope they will see God's inexplicable grace in dying on the cross in order to atone for their sin, as well as seeing His power to rise from the dead.

I enjoy expressing my creativity both through digital art and through blogging. Both art forms require time and nurture, demanding that I balance my time and energy between them.  But I pray that, in both, the Lord will receive the glory. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when the first version of CorelDRAW came out way back in 1989. Not long after that, many churches started using it to design logos, flyers, and even church decorations for the foyer.

    Over the years, it has gotten more sophisticated, and tons of features have been added. It's nice to see that people are still using these wonderful tools for ministry. Written words are great, but a picture is worth a thousand words.... and that's a lot of testimony!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...