Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Tedium And Mishaps Of Digital Water Color

Of my three digital art programs, I find Painter Lite to be the least enjoyable. Yet I keep working on the face I've been painting, admittedly sporadically and half-heartedly, because I'm a stubborn old Irish woman who refuses to give up!

Let me show you the progression of this magnus opus, ending with what I accomplished this afternoon:





Since then, I learned that blonde highlights won't show up on a dark hair base when doing water color, so I needed to change to a blonde hair base and then paint brown highlight. Once I managed to get the highlights painted (a particularly tedious chore that consumed several hours), I decided to stop for the time being. Okay, not wonderful results, but I'll learn!


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you're progressing nicely. Keep going. I can so relate to being a stubborn Irishwoman. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...