Friday, March 14, 2014

Mini Skirts And Speaking Truth

At some point, I plan to address some serious issues in the 21st Century evangelical movement. Frankly, part of me wants to launch in to a couple of my concerns now, perhaps channeling that anger Martin Luther used to fuel his composing, writing, praying and preaching. But things need to happen in my offline life before I'd be free to bringing any comments to this blog. And when those things take place depends completely on the weather, since John and I can't risk our health by going out when temperatures are so low.

As I anticipate the meeting we'll need to attend, I can't help but think of the song, Harper Valley PTA that Jeannie C. Riley recorded back in 1968. Enjoy listening, and then scroll down for more remarks from me.



Jeannie C. Riley's song doesn't really parallel the situation John and I face, except that we'll be speaking truth to people who don't want to hear what we have to say. As a matter of fact, I expect to suffer painful consequences for standing on principle rather than helping them understand the dangers of their beliefs and practices. It would be so much easier (and, in the short-run, personally beneficial) to set my doctrinal convictions aside and accept ways that eat away at Scriptural truth.

Obviously, I must choose the Lord's way.

Guess I'd better not wear a mini skirt that day...

1 comment:

  1. Just a friendly admonition that you might want to go into the meeting without having decided in advance that they don't want to hear what you have to say. Be prayerful that God will speak to whoever needs to hear the truth even if it might be you. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...