Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Not The World's Christmas

As Christmas approaches, I think of the moral and spiritual disarray spreading through Western society. Some people may vaguely acknowledge Christ's birth, though they have relatively little interest in what His Incarnation means and almost no interest in how it impacts their lives. This year, we collectively vilify a reality TV personality for his biblical stand, calling his statements outdated. Really? Don't we see how we thumb our nose at the Lord, even as we profess to celebrate His birth?

I enjoy the lights, the presents and the food as much as anyone, and I love our Christmas tree with its subtle scent of  pine. But the wise men who followed the star to Bethlehem set the example of worship that I desire to maintain at Christmas...and throughout the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...