Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Wonderful Problem Of Digital Art

I've been working on my watercolor project in Painter Lite. You remember the preliminary pencil sketch I made for this project, don't you? If not, I'll post it again to refresh your memory:


Since doing that initial sketch, I've decided the nose was too big, the mouth was odd, the eyes were too small and the chin was much too long and pointy. I spent three hours today modifying those features and painting in the skin base color.





She looks better, huh?

With Christmas fast approaching, I should set this painting aside to work on Christmas card illustrations. I also have our annual newsletter to illustrate and write. For both of those projects, I'll use Paintshop Pro. I'm familiar with PSP, so I'll be able to work a little more quickly...and with more confidence.

Trouble is: I downloaded CorelDRAW Home and Student-Suite x6 last Friday, and all I want to do is play with it! What a happy dilemma!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes! Much better now, Debbie!

    CorelDRAW Home and Student-Suite x6, eh? Hmmmm. Should I give that a try? Like I have told you before, I AM NOT an artist when it comes to drawing, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...