Sunday, November 24, 2013

He Forgets Not His Own

Living in Massachusetts has deepened both my understanding and my appreciation of the Separatists who landed in Cape Cod on the Mayflower in 1620. In the coming week, I plan to write about their reasons for coming to The New World, their beliefs and their Thanksgiving feast after that first brutal winter. The main story, of course, will be familiar to my American readers. But I believe I can offer some lesser-known facts that, because they're as politically incorrect as most Christian facts are, few people know.

Sunday, however, is a day for worship. So, please enjoy this charming video of a beloved Thanksgiving hymn:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...