Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Bulwark Never Failing

I love God's timing! It's been a discouraging weekend, with three wonderful prospects for the weekend PCA job all needing to bow out of accepting the position and The RIDE giving us an impossibly early pick-up time that forced us to cancel going to church for the second week in a row. All  extremely discouraging. Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to be disabled!

In the midst of all this frustration, I went to YouTube to find "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God," the most famous of the hymns that Martin Luther wrote. I knew it would make a fitting end to my celebration of Reformation Day. As I considered the lyrics, I felt encouraged to see the Lord as my fortress during this latest siege of trouble.

Perhaps the Holy Spirit will also minister to  you through this majestic hymn:


1 comment:

  1. That hymn is so beautifully sung, and the words are so sweet and strong and true! Thanks DebbieLynne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...