Sunday, October 13, 2013

I'm A Silent Fool

What should a blogger do  when her mind is consumed with matters that shouldn't be broadcast over the Internet? She should remain silent.

Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise;
    when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.~~Proverbs 17:28 (ESV)

Oh, I have opinions regarding certain matters that I'm just itching to express, and I would most likely get plenty of hits on such blog posts. I've posted things in the past, venting my  emotions. Although some of those posts generated comments reprimanding my unChristlike attitudes, they were among my  most popular posts. I  have to wonder, based on the popularity of such posts, if my readers secretly prefer sensationalism.



Well,  folks, once again various situations disturb me, and blogging offers the double "comfort" of catharsis and a spike in readership. But I'll resist the temptation  this time,  preferring to be a fool whom my readers, while they may be disappointed (without admitting it) by my restraint, consider wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...