Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Lord's Economy

John's hospitalization is the only heavy thing to directly affect me recently, but there's a general heaviness everywhere I look. Friends facing the deaths of parents. Other friends going through divorces that they don't want. Church difficulties. A collapsing economy. Religious freedom being sacrificed on the altars of "reproductive rights" and "marriage equality."

And the evangelical church's capitulation with the world.

I'm saddened to see the encroaching spiritual darkness, even though the Lord minced no words in predicting it.

And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." ~~Matthew 24:4-14 (ESV)

The dreadful things I see around me don't surprise Jesus, so they really shouldn't surprise me. I don't like seeing such a massive rejection of Christ, and (in my human pride) I'd like to turn the tide. Ah, but that pride is actually opposed to God, deceiving me into supposing that I'd be a better savior than He is! Such a realization makes me tremble with shame!

Jesus is the perfect Savior, and He has a purpose for allowing sin and suffering that our finite minds aren't equipped to understand. He isn't accountable to us, as much as we demand He should  be. In His kindness, however, He assures us that all the filth ans wickedness slithering around us, as well as all the sickness and heartache, will not go to waste.


And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. ~~Romans 8:28 (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. " I don't like seeing such a massive rejection of Christ, and (in my human pride) I'd like to turn the tide. Ah, but that pride is actually opposed to God, deceiving me into supposing that I'd be a better savior than He is! Such a realization makes me tremble with shame!"

    I've really been convicted lately of the very same thing. We are to speak when the Lord gives us wisdom and words to say...and then only that, and leave it up to Him to do in His time (He promised HIS words won't return to Him void) the devil can quote scripture too but he does it with his agendas so he only says it in a way that supports his cause, and sometimes I've done that (so I wouldn't confuse those who use certain scriptures incorrectly) to push Reform theology or post-trib or what have you....but no, that is not right...

    sigh....so now I am trying to listen more to what is going on around me, and only say what I know the Lord wants me to say, as I feel led by His Spirit and not more than that, and believe me I fail alot, this is so difficult for me.

    I love Romans 8:28, my favorite verse in the Bible. God can take my meager offerings and make something wonderful with them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I'd love feedback, as long as you attach a name. Disagreement is fine, as long as it is presented respectfully. Please keep comments confined to a maximum of four short paragraphs. Sorry for making to do the Word Verification, but I've been getting too much spam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...